Containing self-levelling compounds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My kitchen has just been refitted and the final job is a new floor. The sub-floor is concrete and the cabinets and white goods are currently standing directly on this surface.

I want to fit electric underfloor heating mat with vinyl tile as the finished flooring. I'm intending to lay insulation boards, the heating mat, a self-levelling (latex) layer over the mat and then adhere the tiles to the finished latex surface.

My question is this: the latex compound will not extend as far as the walls of the kitchen - it needs to go as far as the front legs on all of the cabinets (there are cabinets all round), with the kickboards eventually providing the neat finish. How do I contain the compound to the edges of the insulation board under the cabinets? I've never used this stuff before so I don't know if a simple DPM style sheet will contain it or whether something more substantial is required.

Thank-you for any advice offered
-Rob.

Sponsored Links
It's pretty easy to contain. I had a similar issue and just cut some strips of wood. Sat them on the floor held down with some weights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back