Continuous air lock?

Er, volume of cuboid = length x breadth x height and 1 litre = 1000cc.

But you know this, and I am probably being stupid. So pre-empted apologies :oops:

Sponsored Links
Er, volume of cuboid = length x breadth x height and 1 litre = 1000cc.

But you know this, and I am probably being stupid. So pre-empted apologies :oops:

Never fitted one, only like for like. done college, have the books etc, couldn`t be bothered looking it up but I have to install a pump next week to provide 2 showers so seeing as I`m here and my books are in the loft......... ;)

My books tell me that minimum CWS for hot and cold water supply is 230litres ;)

As an aside how does one calculate the size of a cws in a loft already installed? Thanks.
Another good way is to look at the tank for any labels or embossed numbers. Mine says 50/80 galls IIRC.

Sponsored Links
Last bungalow I went to with this problem had the kitchen draw off on the vent pipe in the loft and a good few bends in the cold feed to the cylinder, moving the feed to the kitchen down to just above the cylinder cured it ;)

Quick update as promised. the hot water feeds apart from the bathroom on the same floor as the cylinder in this bungalow were taken from the vent in the loft :eek: I altered pipework and tied in hot water supplies beneath draw off from cylinder to loft. Still rubbish. Kitchen on long run from gravity hot water which has to get from cylinder up to loft across house.fekking garage to kitchen sink. Was installing whole house pump for 2 showers (didn`t know it was a whole house until phoning Salamander, I didn`t supply) So I pumped the dirty b*astard! job`s a good `un. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back