Continuous Handrail (Stairs)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at the Richard Burbidge stair parts and I'm wanting to go for a continuous handrail with a volute. (Also replacing the baserail, newels and spindles)

How difficult will the angles and cuts be on the handrail?

Can anyone offer any advice (danger areas) on fitting these stair parts?

I can't seem to get hold of a joiner, been looking 6 months, so I'm going to do it myself!

Sponsored Links
Not to difficult depending on your experience and tool availability.
Difficult to explain but Richard burbidge have a very good brochure explaning the fitting procedure which you can download from their website.
There is a lot of cutting involved and I use an electric compound mitre saw.
Good luck

Fitting a volute on a staircase that was not made to take a volute = Nightmare ! A Volute has the the newel and spindles to support it , if there is no bullnosed last tread to support the newel then you need to lift up the floorboards and try and support it on a joist . IMHO it does not work .
If you do go ahead with it remember you need to order longer spindles to support the handrail .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back