Contrast.

Sponsored Links
Here it would take 10 days at least just sorting out the h&s guide lines.

To be fair, I doubt the Chinese bothered with planning permission.
Impressive nonetheless, very impressive. How many bodies working 24/7, how do you even begin to oversee a project in that timeframe, quite mind blowing.
I wouldn't want the site managers job.

Sponsored Links
How can it take three weeks to repair the railway line?

Mark Hopwood, managing director of South Western Railway (SWR), told the BBC that Network Rail's response to the derailment had been "slower than we would have liked".

The train derailment is taking the piddle.

On the hospital though, Chinese construction H & S is among the most dangerous in the world, IIRC.
Now, I don't know what the relative sizes of the sectors in the UK and China are, but I did see that, in 2018 in the UK, 30 fatalities were recorded. In China, it was over 1700 in the first six months alone.

The Japanese are just as rapid after a calamity like a sink hole, for example.

The chinese bureacracy can mobilise resources by just taking Engineers and equipment from other projects because the leadership demanded it. China is very good at centrally planned execution.

To marshall so many resources you cannot get caught up in contracts and laws, its by dictak.

Also the UK derailment was possibly caught up into who was liable? Was it due to poor maintenance or not doing planned upgrades in time? Etc In a market system that requires laws and contracts then you can, shall we say get bogged down.

A number of countries in the far east have these pre-fabricated buildings designed, manufactured and stored for use in such emergencies.
They would have performed just the same if the 'incident' had been an earthquake or other disaster so no surprise they can construct them quickly, however, they are not built to last for the length of time a properly planned and constructed building would.

Bit like a very large battlefield M.A.S.H. unit except it's not mobile.

Knowing what needs to go on in terms of site planning, coordination, management, procurement and design ..... let alone the actual building, I can't get my head around how it's actually possible for this hospital to have built in that time.

I passed the HS2 site in Birmingham today, and in the middle of the massive site, was a solitary JCB. It made me smile. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back