control isnt operating actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok about a year ago i had a baxi solo 3pfl fitted to replace old boiler, the wiring box in the airing cuboard is satchwell and looks quite old. i thought all was fine until the winter when i tried the heating and it didnt work so i took off the actuator which i thought wasnt working and turned the valve manually on to h/w and c/h and controlled the heating with the thermostats on the rads. ive finally got around to changing the actuator and it doesnt seem to work so i took it back and got another replacement and it is still the same. when i first wired it up and turned the boiler on it moved round to h/w position and stayed there, now it will do nothing at all.could the problem lie elsewhere or have i brought another duff actuator? the actuator i brought was a sunvic dm5601 to replace the old satchwell dm3601. the controll panel is an lp522.
stupid thing is it could have been like this since the boiler was fitted and i havnt realised.

any help much appreciated

one other question what does the relay in the junction box do?
im clutching at straws!

Sponsored Links
sounds like the syncron motor in the actuator is kaput mate. dont over think the problem and leave the wiring centre with its relay alone unless you hold ACOPS 7 &14 or 16th edition regs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back