Controlling the cable on installation

JohnD said:

shop didnt have any tartan paint, they seemed amused at my request :eek:

also went for a long stand, they told me to wait in the corner while they fetched one . . . was there for an hour, and then they were out of stock . . . :confused:

Sponsored Links
Whre do you get the cable clips with the pin in the centre rather than one side (they do look odd) ?

My local supplier still stocks them but twice I found only 99 in the box.
He is taking one from each box and making up extra packs that`s profiteering and I will not tolerate it

ebee said:
Whre do you get the cable clips with the pin in the centre rather than one side (they do look odd) ?

My local supplier still stocks them but twice I found only 99 in the box.
He is taking one from each box and making up extra packs that`s profiteering and I will not tolerate it
stop it, i aint falling for it any more. He'd have to sell 100 packs before he made any extra profit anyway, not really worth it . . .

And there are some cable clips on the side of my house with the fixing in the centre - DNO twin single core fixings ;) and those metal ones that wrap around the cable.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
He'd have to sell 100 packs before he made any extra profit anyway, not really worth it . . .

no he wouldn't !

think about it.

It pays to be viligant.
Some wholesalers add the date to the bill and no one notices

crafty1289 said:
He'd have to sell 100 packs before he made any extra profit anyway, not really worth it . . .

no, 99.

(once he has sold 99, he has 99 spare which make the extra pack)

go ask for a short weight. of out of stock, ask for a long weight

crafty1289 said:
No - 10.

He's making up little blister packs and selling them at around half the price of a box of 100 to numpties who've been conditioned by the sheds...

I think crafty was right with 100.
If the guy is selling boxes of 99, after he has sold 99 boxes he has enough to make another box, but until he has sold that box he hasnt made any profit.....therefore 100.
I mean forget the fact that he`s selling them for twice what he pay`s for them.

Ps, i got a job to install some 700mm high mercury vapours fittings onto a 200mm parapet........anyone got any spare sky hooks laying around?

colport27 said:
I think crafty was right with 100.
If the guy is selling boxes of 99, after he has sold 99 boxes he has enough to make another box, but until he has sold that box he hasnt made any profit.....therefore 100.
:cool: <smug smile> :LOL: ;) :D :) :rolleyes: :p :idea:

ebee said:
Where do you get the cable clips with the pin in the centre rather than one side (they do look odd) ?

I presume you mean the ones where you drive the nail straight through the cable, every time?

JohnD said:
ebee said:
Where do you get the cable clips with the pin in the centre rather than one side (they do look odd) ?

I presume you mean the ones where you drive the nail straight through the cable, every time?

at least the nail will be at earth potential (unless its off centre)...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back