Conversion to a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a house built in the 80s.
It has a normal boilder that heats the hot water and central heating. I think the hot water is stored off in an immersion tank in our airing cupboard.

I am completely clueless when it comes to central heating and plumbing.. But can provide further info if you need it in order to provide the advice I am after.

We want to switch to a combi boiler, as our current boiler is about 15 years old and is possibly on its last legs. It is currently situated in our kitchen and is noisy as hell.

Ideally I'd like to have the boiler moved somewhere like the loft or something. I don't know if that is possible.

But basically, if someone would be so kind as to provide me a quick idea as to what this all involves? What happens to the hotwater tank in our cupboard, and what about our power shower - will that be effected by changing to a combi boiler?

Cheers in advance,

Steve

Sponsored Links
First of all, you cannot retain the use of your powershower with a combi boiler. Do you still want to continue down the combi route now?

Hi,

In that case, a resounding "NOPE" :)

So my next question is, can a new boiler be moved to a place such as the loft - easily?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Can it be moved? probably - depending on the construction of your house. Easily? well that would be another resounding NOPE then.

Anyway, why not see if you can swap your antique programmer first? you will see that I have given you some excellent advice - if I do say so myself :LOL:

EDIT: In retrospect, it wasn't that good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back