Convert a Series circuit to Parallel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of outside lights which are controlled by two 1-gang 2-way switches at either end of a garden path. Unfortunately, they have been wired in Series, thus halving the voltage to each lamp and producing a much dimmer output. Is it possible to convert this setup to a Parallel one without having to re-wire the whole thing from scratch? If so how? A diagram would be very useful. Many thanks.
:(

Sponsored Links
well series just means one wire goes strait to the other light
all you need do is connect live to live earth to earth and
neutral to neutral on both lamps and as long as the wireing
complies with regs [rcd mcb protection correct cable ect]
youll be ok[the leccys will quote you the lovely regs :D :D

big all

it all depends on how the existing wiring has been done

we will need far more detail on what connects to what in what way with what types of cable before we can advise further

Thank you guys for your prompt replies and valuable advice. You were absolutely right big-all about connecting the two lamps together in the way you described. After some research, I have now restored the two lamps to their full brightness by following the second diagram shown below.

Thanks again :D :D

Amazon
wiring_diagram.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
hellloooeee amazon

cant realy take the credit for that one plugwash was right
i oversimplified it needed more information to be safe
i assumed it was two lamps one switch[silly boy :oops: ]

still job done :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back