convert wiring to 3 position divertor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a method of converting a three port mid position valve to a 3 port divertor (2 position) valve by changing the wiring connections. I've been told it can be done, but can't find anything that says how. Anyone help please? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Connect the HW OFF to the WC that supplies both the grey wire and the white wire terminal?. The valve will/should be in HW position when this grey wire has 0 Volts and should motor to the heating side when power is on the HW OFF?

Edit, think that should be the WHITE wire, Heating, to both those terminals, when deenergised valve will return to HW only position.

Last edited:
Connect the HW OFF to the WC that supplies both the grey wire and the white wire terminal?. The valve will/should be in HW position when this grey wire has 0 Volts and should motor to the heating side when power is on the HW OFF?

Edit, think that should be the WHITE wire, Heating, to both those terminals, when deenergised valve will return to HW only position.
Hi, thanks for reply, not sure what WC is - wiring connector? My wiring is as follows, not sure I understand quite what you mean - connect white and grey together and connect to HW OFF?
HW OFF is connected to the grey (240v when off, 0v when on), CH ON (240v when on, open cct when off) is connected to white.

Sponsored Links
Does this help at all? WC might be wiring center
Thanks, I have seen that, just not so sure what should happen to the orange wire. Trying to figure out the wiring so it is priority DHW.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I thought I had this figured out but now not so sure now but think about this...
Link terminal5 to terminal7, below ..... suppose no HW or CH programmed, and valve in its spring return(ed) position. CH now programmed on but roonstat not calling, valve will remain in its spring returned position, CH now calls for heat, valve will move fully across to CH only required, boiler+circpump now start via orange wire which will remain on until roomstatr satisfied but valve will remain in CH position. If HW programmed on and cylinder stat calling for heat then valve will return to spring returned position with boiler+circpump on. If both programmed on and both stats calling for heat then unfortunately looks like CH will take priority? you might be able to figure something out from this, only thing to remember is that the valve only goes to mid position when there is power on the white wire only, (in normal operation).

1682874475133.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back