Fitting v4073 into worcester heatslave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, could really do with some help.
We have a 18 year old worcester heatslave 15/19 oil combi
The old v4044 divertor valve packed up. I have fitted a v4073 to this boiler but could do with pointing in the right direction with the wiring, as it is a heatslave it is on a w plan . have searched for diagrames but can't seem to find what i need. everyone says to replace the old v4044 divertor with v4073 mid position valve but with no help as to wiring

Sponsored Links
Why try and fit a mid position and not just replace like for like with a 4044 diverter?

was advised the v4044 was old and hard to get hold off and that everyone was replacing these valves with the v4073

Sponsored Links
Maybe if i had googled it instead of taking notice of an oil engineer i would'nt be on hear asking

No mate there's nothing old about it, it's a current valve. The difference is the 4044 is open to either heating or hot water, the 4073 has the additional position of open to be both and has the extra wires accordingly.

but a couple of the wires can be combined to make the mid position a diverter valve which is what is wanted...

can't think which ones though!

All very well -BUT the correct Worcester part comes with a prewired plug to enable it to lug on the The PCB, if you don't use the genuine article you have to "bodge" the wiring with crimps or worse connector strip (YEEHA!) :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back