Converted garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just viewed a non-estate 3-bed house built in 1995 and inside the lady owner has done the house proud with its decoration and a small extension. She has however converted the garage into a utility room AND an extra room .... i.e. has divided the ex-garage into two rooms.
Here is the link:
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49477477.html

The rooms both look fine, but I wonder if such conversions are often poor and if converting it back to a garage would be easy as I am sure future buyers would like a garage. Vague questions I know but I would value any opinions.
Phil

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the post. If someone wants a house with a garage they'll buy that one instead. No one in their right mind would pay the additional cost for a house with an already converted garage and then convert it back to a garage. Bizarre!

You say the rooms look fine and then say you wonder if they are often poor? :confused:

I bet you are not Mr mercury's twin are you?
OK I shall explain...................... The house is in a decent area, but a pal who is an estate agent tells me that houses with converted garages do not sell as quickly. To my untrained eye, the two rooms LOOK okay, buy may not be. Also if I wanted to turn it back to a garage would this be an easy task?

Sponsored Links
Wow house prices are ridiculous, good size living room though.
Conversions to garages range from very poor to extremely good just the same as any building work, someone would have to go and actually have a look at the property to make a judgment.

I can't see there being a problem to reinstate the garage if that's what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back