Converting outhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent the last couple of weeks converting my shed/outhouse into a room for my PC/Tele/Games Console basically a lads pad out the way of the house. Anyway it's single layer brick and iv'e insulated and plasterboarded it. Now i'm onto the flooring and was wondering what best to do with it.
Its a concrete floor at present but was going to carpet it so what should i lay down before the carpet. Seen some polystyrene 25mm thick in B and Q was gonna lay that down and then some plyboard or just lay 18mm ply staight onto concrete floor to take chill off it any better suggestions would be welcome. Iv'e put a PVC door in and iv'e got about 30mm depth to play with because of the lip around door frame

Sponsored Links
Hi Duzzer, I too have an outhouse that is being used as a mini kitchen, chest freezer cupboards that sort of thing. I have done the same with the walls, insulation and plasterboard and now face a similar problem to you. I was thinking of raising the floor with timber battens, insulating then using chipboard and the carpet.

The problem I have is that the outhouse is attached to the kitchen and is not heated so everytime the door is opened the heat enters the room and causes condensation on the concrete floor as it is a cold spot.

Hope someone can help......

I've done mine now that's what ive done in the end i used 25mm battens then used 25mm polystyrene board from b and q which is for flooring and then used them pack of 3 chipboard flooring which is for lofts and screwed them to the battens forgot to add that i drilled the battens to the concete floor cost about £100 for area 2.5m x 2.5m worked fine hope you have luck with your's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back