Converting Oval to Euro lock, or Yale Superior in oval

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have key-matched my front and rear doors with Yale Superior thumbturn locks. I want to also do the patio door, but it has an oval cylinder, and I cannot find the right Yale lock.

Is there a way to convert from oval to euro profile. Or any other solution!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is the main thing you want here, Thumb turns or to key them alike with the other doors?

To change to Euros I'm guessing you would need new gearboxs and handles which is going to cost you a fair bit.

What is the main thing you want here, Thumb turns or to key them alike with the other doors?

Can I say both? As it's in the lounge, a key lives on the inside so inserting one outside will not work. Also for the wife, having 1 key for all places is easier.

I guess that's not a good answer? I can't see why Yale dont make their Superior locks on oval.

Would a new gearbox include the whole mechanism of the door? it's easily 20 years old, so only has 2 locking points that I can see.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ouch yes probably a whole mech then.

To be honest Ovals are rare. I have never actually seen one in person and I have been fitting and fixing windows for 20 years

Well I think it's an oval......

full

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back