converting part of garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im think about turning the end of my garage into a utility room.

The house is a semi with a tandem length garage to the side which then shares a wall with the next semis garage.

There is all ready fire door and a 200mm drop from the kitchen to the garage and the previous owner had electrics and plumbing fitted.

Im actually using it as a utility room but i wanted to tidy it by tiling the floor,studding off the wall with insulation,insulating the flat roof and boarding it off and section of the area to the garage with another fire door.

There will be no sink,boiler or heating in there its just a tidy up.

So is there any specific building regs that apply other than the insulation and fire doors.

Considering there is no sink but plumbing for the washing machine can i move the sockets myself ( im more than competent to do this)

Thanks Adam

Sponsored Links
Ventilation, part p electrics.

If, as you say, you are not heating this space and are keeping an external spec door betwixt the house and the utility room then reg's may not apply.

However you are using it as habitable space so it will suffer the same problems with condensation and mould. Wisdom says either heat the space or ventilate it well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back