cooker bayonet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could someone please confirm the height from the floor to bayonet please.Also is ok to have the bayonet pointing ti the side if it has a cooker hose that has a 90 bend on bayonet end thanks peter

Sponsored Links
I don't think that there is a specified height for a bayonet fitting.

The fitting must be pointing down regardless of everything else.

hi thanks for the reply i heard that it was between 500 and 700mm from floor but unable to find in corgi book.The only reason i ask about the bent connector on cooker hose is that i went to change one today and once i put the bayonat facing down it semed to put a strain on the hose?

It normally depends on the cooker's installation instructions as to where the bayonet is fitted.

Also the hose must not drag on the floor when the cooker is in position.

From the Viper book historically the gas supply point was located 500-600mm from the floor and 50-150mm from the right hand side (Current standards suggest 750mm with no guidance on left or right side.)

Sponsored Links
peter the plumber said:
hi thanks for the reply i heard that it was between 500 and 700mm from floor but unable to find in corgi book.The only reason i ask about the bent connector on cooker hose is that i went to change one today and once i put the bayonat facing down it semed to put a strain on the hose?

Don't quite follow, but if bayonet now points down you should have replaced hose with a straight connectot type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back