Cooker hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why the government has restricted the work on electrics and gas is because it is out of the reach of diyers and it is dangerous ,you are hardly gonna kill someone if your skirting board falls off the whole idea of corgi is to stop Pratts like you thinking it is easy :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
And i for one RGI wouldn't come out and test and certify your work.....because then responsibility transfers to me.......As said, DIY gas IS ilegal.....unless your competent, you are not. Think on.....you had to ask what fitting you need......bit like a pilot opening the door and asking the passengers if any of us know's where the throttle is........i wouldn't fly with him......would you???

And i for one RGI wouldn't come out and test and certify your work.....because then responsibility transfers to me.......As said, DIY gas IS ilegal.....unless your competent, you are not. Think on.....you had to ask what fitting you need......bit like a pilot opening the door and asking the passengers if any of us know's where the throttle is........i wouldn't fly with him......would you???
Well said that man , i cant understand RGIs giving any advice for boiler repairs as the only things non registered people are allowed to do is relight the pilot or turn it on or off !even divertors diaphrams etc are out of the question .Who's to say these people are'nt the dodgy non registered plumber to do the repair after you were to dear because you have to cover your overheads i dont think they should allow any boiler related advice in the plumbing and heating section ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!

How is competent defined by asking about a fitting?

I went to see my doctor last week, he had to use a text book to a find a suitable medicine for me. By your rules he is not either. Ridiculous.

I've successfully fitted and plumbed kitchens and bathrooms. That would give me some level competence......It's not like connecting a hob is sooooo far out of my reach because I don't know what hose to use as I've never done this particular task before. How's anyone expected to learn anything if they don't ask?

Obviously I'm going to get no help here.

Sponsored Links

How is competent defined by asking about a fitting?

I went to see my doctor last week, he had to use a text book to a find a suitable medicine for me. By your rules he is not either. Ridiculous.

I've successfully fitted and plumbed kitchens and bathrooms. That would give me some level competence......It's not like connecting a hob is sooooo far out of my reach because I don't know what hose to use as I've never done this particular task before. How's anyone expected to learn anything if they don't ask?

Obviously I'm going to get no help here.

Its Easy Mark you learn to do the job by training !!!ACS.City and Guilds ,aprentiship!! Oh you know for sure you are using the correct hose do you?? are you sure ?? definetly sure?? will you be able to sleep at night after you've fitted it yourself?? well i do after i've fitted hobs and i will after you fit yours its you family i feel sorry for !! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mark, You assume that because you can....you should. I don't doubt you have skills in plumbing or kitchen fitting. It's the law that you can't fit gas appliances. You asked about a correct fitting for gas.....the mere fact you had to ask shows you don't know what you're doing. It's that simple. Look, final analogy, you and i may watch a doctor perform an op.....we watch it so many times we reckon we can do it.....we do and he survives.....that's ok then is it?? Nope. Because we are not qualified. You know what we are getting at your smart enough.......but you are not gas competant. Go on, fit it yourself, you are right we can't stop you.....but we can and should not be helping you. Sorry, gas fitting is not for DIYers.....however good you think you maybe. If you want to learn go work with a RGI, train, take the exams and get a registration.....then fit appliances.

although in some circumstances you can fit a hose to a hob, there are some where you cannot, i have proved competance in fitting cookers and hobs as i hold CKR1, will our DIYer like to offer any examples of when/where you cannot fit a hose to a hob, even if he manages to work out which hose to use??

Oh I think that you are all being petty here... The guy just wants to learn...

Mark, you need the hose with the Blue label but garden hose will do, a three inch invertable screw, a tub of elbow grease. and a wig wam winder to help wind the sun up... There happy?

Now go and spit your dummy else where.

Oh I think that you are all being petty here... The guy just wants to learn...

Mark, you need the hose with the Blue label but garden hose will do, a three inch invertable screw, a tub of elbow grease. and a wig wam winder to help wind the sun up... There happy?

Now go and spit your dummy else where.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My colleague came accross a diy fitted cooker last week, looked fine , correct hose, just nothing used on thread to seal it, leaked like hell,but hey , it looked the part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back