Cooker & Double sockets issue

The colour of those hager breakers suggests to me that all but 2 of them were not brand new at time of installation. The first RCD looks not-new too

Sponsored Links
Sorry I'm not an electrician.
You say all are 16 so it sounds like some should be 5 16 20 etc etc
If so,and I go back to be electrical paperwork given to her, is there something odd going on here as if all are 16amp and should be different why no mention of this and a pass certificate issued etc.

It is unusual, only because not many of "us" would do it like that.

Although, if I see correctly, there are five socket circuits where most houses have only two or maybe three.

If one of these were reserved solely for the oven, then probably you would not have noticed.

Sponsored Links
The colour of those hager breakers suggests to me that all but 2 of them were not brand new at time of installation. The first RCD looks not-new too

I can't see anything obvious about the colour, bearing in mond the trick-of-the-light factor.

However, since it's a metal board, ie quite recent probably, it would be an idea to check when the board was installed, as recently some Hager products were recalled.

Also be interested in having a closer look at those cable entries on the top of the board.

I can't see anything obvious about the colour, bearing in mond the trick-of-the-light factor.

However, since it's a metal board, ie quite recent probably, it would be an idea to check when the board was installed, as recently some Hager products were recalled.
It was only 10kA breakers that got recalled.

They just look a bit grubby - could be wrong

As has already be advise, you may be able to change the oven /boiler mcb to a 20a or 25a which would allow you to use the oven and kettle at the same time. An electrician will confirm if this is possible.

Regards,

DS

Could there have been a ring final that has been split into two 16A radials?
That's always possible, but for those capable of thinking, it would nearly always be possible to split the ring into two 20A radials (even though 32/2=16!), in some cases even 25A ones.

Kind Regards, John

I said before there were five socket circuits - I now see there are six.

While splitting the kitchen ring may have happened, I would think it unlikely.

I said before there were five socket circuits - I now see there are six. While splitting the kitchen ring may have happened, I would think it unlikely.
Indeed. Given that there appear to be multiple 16A sockets circuits, I wonder whether they were perhaps installed by someone whose experience came from the other side of the English Channel?

KInid Regards, John

They normally use 1.5mm cable for 13 amp sockets from my experience.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back