Cooker Element Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Prestige Cooker Model PR100DODF. The main oven has a Grill Element - Fan Oven element, and a Base Oven Element.
I need to change the Base Oven Element but I'm blowed if I can see how to remove it from its compartment once it's disconnected.
I have looked behind the cooker - after removing the rear panel , and in the storage area under the main oven, but cannot see how to get at it.??
Would very much appreciate any help with this problem.
Thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
Look at this ebay item 311221291545

There should be 2 fixings (screws) to hold the plate in place where the wiring connectors go.
Could possibly be fixed from inside the oven but covered in burnt food/grease etc so not easily seen or fixed from the rear.

Also pay attention to the metal bar thats fitted across the element, its possibly this bar fits under retaining hooks holding it in place/down.

Thanks for your reply Yardie, The Element is under the floor of the Oven but it can't be seen from the storage compartment under the oven. I can access the connections at the rear but can't see how to pull the element out.
Thanks again Ian

Ah, I see. Not sure, assumed it was sat on the bottom of the 'pan', how dirty is the base, could your view be obscured by burnt grease etc.. perhaps a panel that removes from inside the oven.

Sponsored Links
You may find the element is fixed to a tray & the tray then fixed to the underside of the oven.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I think the youtube video must be the answer, thanks JJ4091.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back