Cooker Hob Extracting Ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a house with a recirculting kitchen hob extractor.

I intend to duct this to the outside via the loft to soffit grill. I am unsure if the plastic flexi ducting hose is really safe incase of a pan hire, where the flames maybe suct up into the loft and melt the flimsy ducting with the subsequent consequences of a BIG fire!

I am intending to purchase aluminium ducting. My question is; Is plastic hose really safe for this purpose??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Totally unsuitable, the heat would also eventually perish the plastic hose.
Why the loft? kitchen on upper floor?

Actually this is similar to a situation I'll shortly be facing. Having a kitchen refit and as part of that we're moving the position of the gas hob and hood. Currently the hood is fixed on an outside wall so venting is straightforward. However, the new position is on an interior wall. My idea is to vent the hood into the ceiling (there's a loft space above the kitchen underneath a pitched roof) and out through the soffit. It's about a metre and a half, no more than that, from the point where the hose from the hood enters the celiing to the soffit.

Any thoughts on what material should be used to carry the vented air through the loftspace to the soffit?

Or alternatively, could we vent it straight up through the pitched roof through some kind of cowling or similar?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I forgot to mention the property is a bungalow.

I can't run the ducting along the cupboard tops because the gas boiler has a vertical flue which blocks the run. Had the boiler not been there I would not fancy putting the outlet thru the lintel which is there.

I think the extractor unit has a 125mm outlet. I have only seen 100mm flexipipe upto now.

Thanks

Thanks guys,

I have tracked down the necessary pipe + adaptor at Wicks online.

Regards
Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back