cooker hood extractor venting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am venting a cooker hood up through the loft and out the soffit. i have some standard 4" soil pipe and bends. if it fits the hood can i use them or do i need to use special ducting?

Sponsored Links
I'd be :eek: if they did fit usually bigger than that, about 150mm.
but don't see any reason why they can't be used as the last kit I put together had flexy plastic extension for outlet.

Check with the maker of the hood - too long a run and too many bends might stop it working.

ok cheers. but as far as the type of ducting? standard soil pipe ok aslong as it fits the hood?

Sponsored Links
Aside from the fact that scarypants is almost certainly right - 4" won't fit.

Check diameter of cooker hood outlet - best practice (where possible) is to keep ducting the same size throughout. Soilpipe is usually 110mm. Most powerful cookerhoods these days are usually 125 or 150mm. Using anything smaller and your going to build up resistance and probably create a noisier cooker hood - like: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179329
For quick guidance on plastic ducting see: http://www.i-sells.co.uk/ducting-plastic - they do the larger sizes in rigid and flexible.
If cooker hood is 100mm then soil pipe not a problem just make sure that join is good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back