Scoket hidden behind the chimney of a new electric hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks.
I am going to replace my existing built in electric cooker hood with a new electric chimney style hood. I plan to use the existing vent hole for the new hood vent and I’ll use a new vent adaptor kit. I have a question about the electric socket; the existing hood is simply plugged into a normal plug socket situated above and to the left of the vent hole. The width of the chimney part of the hood is 28cm and this covers both the vent hole and the existing power socket. Can anyone tell me if it’s allowable to have a power socket hidden inside of the chimney of an extractor hood?

Sponsored Links
Yes it is.

One issue is accessible isolation. Is there another switch which isolates the socket outlet? Such as a switched fused spur? If not, could you fit one?

Then you will be able to fit a flex outlet plate instead of a socket outlet which will take up less space inside the flue. Plus you will be able to isolate the fan and/or change the fuse without having to dismantle it first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back