Cooker Hood switch Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the correct positioning for a fcu for a Cooker Hood?
I have run a spur from the kitchen light down to the outside of the chimney to which the cooker hood wiring is connected via an fcu.
The cooker hood wire then runs behind the chimney which I presume ought to be completely flush with the wall but can't , with the wire squashed between it and the wall.

Sponsored Links
I have tried to explain the situation as vividly as possible in the absence of a camera to take a picture.
Does anyone know?

Sponsored Links
What is the best position for the FCU to be?
I have mine to the right of the chimney section but wonder if it ought to be further down and away from the hob

within 2 metres of the appliance it controls. Thats the regs. But some people arrange all their electrical accessories (switches and sockets etc) in a neat row at the same height around the kitchen. looks better.

crafty1289 said:
within 2 metres of the appliance it controls. Thats the regs. But some people arrange all their electrical accessories (switches and sockets etc) in a neat row at the same height around the kitchen. looks better.

And no switches/accessories above the Hob position and a minimum of 300mm from the edge of the Hob/Cooker.

miajanjua said:
crafty1289 said:

And no switches/accessories above the Hob position and a minimum of 300mm from the edge of the Hob/Cooker.
well one might think this obvious really, but then this is a DIY site i suppose :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back