Cooker hood switch ???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Personally, rather than a solder sucker I would reccommend getting some good de-soldering braid. It will wick up molten solder much more cleanly than a sucker will (as long as you get decent stuff).

The uni labs stocked this stuff - the green "No Clean" ones are excellent. 2.5mm should do for most things unless you're planning on doing some SMD work!

Robin, quick question on the two triacs you posted too, there rated voltage was 600v but the max gate voltage was 2.5v . In an application like this is the cooker hood likely to have a transformer for the elv side but it then switches 240v to the lamps? Basically it's just an electronic relay I guess? Just curious! Thanks.

Probably not a transformer, most likely the elv supply will be derived from a capacitor dropper and therefore will not be isolated from the mains...

Something like this I would expect - http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/infocontent/capdropper.html

The control voltage in most dimmer switches and mant digital times is also done in this way.

The triac is indeed like a relay or a switch. Most dimmers for tungsten lamps are in fact just a triac switching fast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back