cooker hood wiring route

Connection from cooker circuit sounds ok as its just controlling 2 ovens that are on a 32 rdc ., but the work for channels would be much.

It has 2 double noggins and a single, to go through as well as taking cupboard off,

Was thinking about making a hidden safe zone. From a fcu straight up to a 3a fcu (or blanking cap) then across in the 150mm safe zone at roof to behind hood .

I don't fancy taking down units to get into loft.

Another thing that could be done but sightly is a fcu just outside the fcu inline with the cupboard tops . It would be isolated from the switch that controls the cupboard lighting .
But cant be used independent

Sponsored Links
Connection from cooker circuit sounds ok as its just controlling 2 ovens that are on a 32 rdc ., but the work for channels would be much.
No more than anything else.

It has 2 double noggins and a single, to go through as well as taking cupboard off,
From that I take it that it is plasterboard on which there are going to be tiles.
Connect cable to hob socket, then go vertical behind plasterboard up to first noggin and out through hole, channel the plasterboard and run cable over the noggin and back under the plasterboard through hole, same with other noggins, then to FCU position behind hood.
If you need to position the FCU slightly to either side then you may run the cable horizontally in line with it.

There is not a problem.

Thanks for replay. I usually notch the noggin as it doesn't raise out from plasterboard surface.

I can get it up (steady on I mean the cable) to top of unit , but its how to get it to the hood as it would be a inverted L shape and would fall fowel of the law.

So its getting from switch . Up to top ofunit then 700mm to middle of hood and all being llegal.

I can get it up (steady on I mean the cable) to top of unit , but its how to get it to the hood as it would be a inverted L shape and would fall fowel of the law.
An inverted L is perfectly acceptable.

Or you could have an L the right way up - horizontal from hob socket and then vertical to hood FCU position.
This way would probably be preferable.

Sponsored Links
Yeah that sounds better . Go left from switch then up to fcu behind hood. . Cool will do that then decide if after its fitted to tile before or after hood is up.

Tile to top, up to bottom or top of units . Thanks efl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back