Cooker & Induction Hob Wiring into single outlet

Thanks for the extra info. I'd already responded immediately regarding the type of supply the oven needs.

When I look at what I'd e-mailed them yesterday I had put a several discreet questions. I've no idea why I only got a partial response.

Sponsored Links
I got the following response back from Bosch in response to my direct questions back to them:

We have already given you the information that the oven has a total connected load of 4.4 kW which is all an electrician needs to know to calculate the fusing and the type of connection required.
I'm now just going to get an electrician round to take a look, but I'd just like to say thanks to all who responded here. Much Appreciated :)

Reply back telling them that the electrician has decided that as it complies with Ib ≤ In ≤ Iz he plans to use an existing 63A circuit to supply the oven and you would like confirmation in writing from them that this will not invalidate the guarantee.

To be honest I've given up with them. One of the responses I received was as follows:

We are not allowed to comment because we are not qualified electricians. If your installer is a qualified electrician they will know what is required. If they do not know we would suggest that you contact a properly qualified electrician.

I responded saying that I needed the information ahead of the oven actually arriving so the electrician could install any necessary wiring ahead of the kitchen installation commencing. I also commented that other manufacturers put all this information on their websites - such as Indesit with the induction hob.

Oh well... I'll just wait until the oven arrives and get an electrician to advise.

Sponsored Links
And then reply back telling them that your qualified electrician has decided that as it meets Ib ≤ In ≤ Iz and therefore from an electrical installation POV is quite safe and complies with BS 7671:2008 he plans to use an existing 63A circuit to supply the oven and you would like confirmation in writing from them that this will not invalidate the guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back