Cooker/Oven Depth 50cm? Advice Needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get an electric oven with a depth of 50cm.

My kitchen is quite irregular in shape with worktop depths of 50cm, and I can't find any cookers to fit through the usual high street retailers.

Preferably silver, but any to fit would be a bonus!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Baby Belling
Dimensions

Height : 409mm
Width : 482mm
Depth : 431mm

Baby-Belling-roomset_high.jpg

In Black or White no silver model. Used them many times, designed to run on 13A socket, the main stay of many a works tea hut. Although today the microwave has replaced them in many tea huts.

This will sit on a 50mm deep worktop, if you don't mind the front overhanging the edge.

The front feet would be close to the edge though, so I would advise screwing a batten just in front of the rear ones to stop it being accidentally slid forward.

I own one, BTW, and it's pretty good.

I own one, BTW, and it's pretty good.

Aye, me too.
We hardly use the big oven now. The Sharp's oven heats up really quickly and the microwave/oven combi cooking is a great feature.

Sharp also do a "built in" kit for it so it will go in a tall unit next time the kitchen gets re-jigged.

Sponsored Links
We hardly use the big oven now. The Sharp's oven heats up really quickly
It helps to learn how it does that, as selecting "convector preheat" to get it back up to temperature if you want to give what's in there more time may not be the best move...

and the microwave/oven combi cooking is a great feature.
Haven't tried that yet. When doing some part-baked baguettes in there Mrs Sheds has inadvertently tried adding a few minutes microwaving at the end, but that didn't go too well.

Sharp also do a "built in" kit for it so it will go in a tall unit next time the kitchen gets re-jigged.
Aye, me too. With a drawer underneath to store the shelves when microwaving.

It helps to learn how it does that, as selecting "convector preheat" to get it back up to temperature if you want to give what's in there more time may not be the best move...

Yes, it really blazes away in there until target temp is reached. Anything on the top shelf can get cremated.

Otherwise, its a nice bit of kit. Big enough for a large roast too - but not a Christmas turkey.

Do you think we sold it to the OP?
;)

Off topic, but how much joy do you have cleaning yours using the manufacturer specified "mild detergent solution" if you've been using it for a roast?

Totally hopeless. A quick wipe with Mr Muscle Oven (missing the microwave panel) seems to work.

I'm still tring to discover if the oven type is a fan or not.
The legend on the oven says "CONV" but there's nothing in the book to say if its convection or conventional (or convertible).

To the op, have you thought of a halogen oven. We recently bought one and they do a superb job, they cook at lower temps and cook faster than conventional ovens.

1) Neither of those times sounds either wrong or shorter than any other sort of oven.

2) Just because it's 900W doesn't mean it cooks at a lower temperature.

3) If you put a chicken (or anything else, come to that) into a (purely thermal) oven which is not hot enough and/or for not long enough it simply will not be cooked properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back