Cooker switch and socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new on here and would like some help with my cooker switch. It is no longer used (gas cooker) and has a socket attached to it (always used). I would like to swap the switch to a 2gang socket is this possible?
Inside the socket has red, black and yellow with green stripe wires. Thanks
From this

MRALCSW1SSO_297.jpg

to this

Double_13A_Socket_Switch.jpg

Sponsored Links
In theory yes. But I think you may have a problem getting wires into the socket. MK may allow you to fit them the holes in that make tend to be bigger.

If in England or Wales you should pay the council £100 under Part P. I believe the charges are under review as biased on work up to £2000 which is a bit on high side for electrical work.

A lot cheaper to get a registered electrician to do the work.

I live in a council house but i wanted to know if it was a simple case of swapping the switch over, and if so what wires are which. I have called the council out before because the socket on it is faulty the plug has to be half in half out for it to connect and work. The electrician who came. out sid it was a case of changing the switch bt the council only provide the very large old style switches that would not fit on to my switch as it is the same as the one in the pic above. Not sure if he just didnt want to do it or if it was a difficult job

if you live in a council house then you shouldn't be messing with the electrics, the council should do it for you, after all it's their house and you are just a tenent..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back