Cooker tripping the electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

We have a holiday place in Spain. It was empty for about 10 years when we bought it. The oven is a built in oven with a separate hob made by a company called Teka and is pretty much brand new (the previous owners bought the place, did a few bits and just never used it).

So, you turn the over on and it starts to heat up. After 5 minutes or so it trips the electrics for the house. Turn it off and on immediately and it trips the electrics immediately. Leave it to cool and you're back to it heating up for a bit and then tripping.

We're out there next week and I want to have a go at repairing it before I replace the whole lot. My investigation so far leads me to think that it's the element. Does this sound right?

Best regards
Andy

Sponsored Links
Another possibility to check is if there is a suppressor pcb ( where the mains cable enters & connects to the cooker ) fitted to the back plate of the casing that there are no component wires poking through & shorting to the casing when it heats up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back