Cooker wire regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I need to move my cooker cable 300mm to right and have decided to go down this route as access above is difficult. Will this be ok for regs please see pic. 2x junction boxes accessible above the cupboards into cooker switch then outlet that will have inspection door in unit

Attachments

• 2CAC851F-98C4-4253-A197-A35D4A3F4A46.jpeg
    2CAC851F-98C4-4253-A197-A35D4A3F4A46.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
The oven switch will indicate the presence of a/the cable above or below.

blup

Do you see any problems ?
Was not liking using 2 junction boxes above but it’s ready to go now

If the proposed cable between the jb’s are within the safe zone, and are rcd protected.

The jb’s will presumably be surface mounted so no requirement for them to be maintenance free, will not be pretty but out of eyeline.

Would it be neater to crimp and bury the cables?

Blup

Sponsored Links
Should I use junction box x2 and connect at 90 degrees wire across joining 2 boxes or should I put one in middle and make join. 1 is better but bending cable at 90 degrees not easy. What you advise please

You seem uncomfortable doing the work, my advice would be to call in a qualified electrician.

Blup

No not uncomfortable just wanting to know the best way. Having to work around obstacles and as the best way would of been to run new cable I’m trying to work out the next best way. Have kept any boxes accessible.

Last bit to decide on cooker socket to be loosened and skimmed next

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back