cooker wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

ive moved a cooker switch from its original possitioning to more suitable location on same wall.

the cable wasnt long enough so ive jointed it using 60A strip connectors which i am to beleive is suitable however i am looking for further advise on the following.

the cable now runs along the wall behind the cooker space will it need

1/ channeling into wall or ducting
2/ simply clip it to wall

another point where i need help most is with the cooker switch and cooker outlet point.

the scenario was the wiring went direct from meter to the combined socket + cooker switch then to a cooker outlet box on wall, however is it safe and is it possible to make alternative connection as follows:

meter to combined socket switch direct with the cooker directly wired to the switch rather than the cooker outlet point.

cheer
terry

Sponsored Links
alternative connection as follows:

meter to combined socket switch direct with the cooker directly wired to the switch rather than the cooker outlet point.

So what you will have is

Fuse board
Accessible junction box with 60a connections
Cooker switch
Cooker

The cooker plate should be retained so that a safe connection is left should you move or (in 10 years) change the cooker.

There's nothing wrong with having a direct cable between the cooker and cooker switch, but good practice would suggest a cooker plate as a demarcation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back