Cookerhood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I purchased a ilife Cooker Hood, and wish to get some information please.
i.life cookerhood
Model No: RS-610
Total Power is 190w
Three Speed Motor 170w
Voltage 220v
Filter 6 Layer Filter

I want to change from going out onto the outside wall with the Exhaust Pip, and attaching a carbon filter to the top of the Exhaust Pip, this would now be turned into recycled air. Can I now use the air Outlet part to put the carbon filter directly onto that, doing away with the Exhaust Pip altogether, or that being not the case, can I cut down the Exhaust Pip in size, as it makes a big noise. The other thing is, with the six layer filters, as explained in the instillation Manual has it been already fitted with the Carbon filter, being one of the six. I also feel that because that it never came with a Exhaust Pip cover once it was outside, nor any instructions in the size of the hole to the outside,that the Cooker Hood it is already a recycled Cooker Hood.
Can anyone help me please
. thank you.

Sponsored Links
Firstly a recirculating cooker hood in my & many other peoples opinion is an absolute waste of time. I'm not familiar with the make you mention but unless it is specified as a recirculating type then I would doubt it already has carbon filters. You really need to have the filters trapping the airborne crud at the intake of the fan, not the exhaust as you propose, because it will possibly lead to premature contamination of the fan. I've never yet seen a situation where external venting is impossible. You would normally expect the vent size to be 4 or 6 inches(100 or 125mm) depending on the size of the fan & the length of the run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back