Copex flue liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will shortly be replacing my Gas back boiler with a new one.
The new one is less in height making the 5" flue liner probably needing extending.
I have a few feet of this and wondering if there is a commercially made fitting to extend the liner, or if I have to use a piece of rigid off the boiler.
Any suggestions very welcome.

Sponsored Links
You're supposed to replace the whole liner! Flue liners don't last forever and it can't be assumed that the old one will be good for another 25 years or whatever (although it probably would be, but regs. relate to worst case scenarios rather than typical or average ones).

Remember that the boiler [I know about assumptions, but....] , and more paticularly the liner, has just done 20yrs sterling service [?]. What state is liner in? Yup, you don't know, so wack a new one down the flue for the next 20yrs [ you'll be lucky!]. I don't think its the done thing to go joining copex up in the chimney. That's what I think.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

BS standard states that A flue liner must be changed every ten years

Yeah right

How are you getting away with another back boiler, Did you score enough points on the excemption??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the comments. Will probably put a new one in as you suggest.
I didnt know there was a recommendation to replace.
wemyss

Sorry I have not answered before but was busy.
As regards the points score I understand the system and would reach the necessary amount to jusify the replacement needed.
However I will not involve the system and simply replace myself.
wemyss

dont forget toblock the air vent off to prevent drafts :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back