copper manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know where i could aquire a 50 mm copper manifold. The actual manifold supplies 10 apartments situated in a multi storey building. It tee's off the main service pipe to a stop cock and then tee's off to 22mm to each apartment. the problem i have is the stem tee'ing off from the manifold is leeking from the soldered joint and i am looking at the worst scenario should resoldering not stop the leak

Sponsored Links
Would be alot easier to braze it IMHO, oxy acetylene and some copper phosperous rods (spelling) will do the trick and cheaper

Edit, i thought he meant the branch of the 54 had split, Solder will do the trick

You can't really buy them pre made,most are made on site with pulled tees and brazed up.

Sponsored Links
You can't really buy them pre made,most are made on site with pulled tees and brazed up.

thanks for your reply, i would appreciate a bit of information regarding the procedure and the tools required should i need them.

Brazing a pulled T is not something for the inexperienced. You'd bodge it up on a first attempt.
Rothenberger and ITE amongst others make the tools required and are very expensive. Expanders are usually required also.
Along with the oxy/acety gear and a set of each of the above up to about 35 mm will set you back at least £1100.
Page 8 ..........
http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/fil...atalog_2010/Section_1_-_Expanding_bending.pdf

You can also get endfeed 54mm fittings. Brazing is a piece of p155. Hire a set and have a little practice. 1 hr or so tops and youl be away.

The cost of a 54x54x22 is ridiculous.
Then it's the trouble of getting it right. Normally wed use a length of 54 with pulled tees.costs a 10th of using fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back