COPPER OLIVES N BRASS OLIVES

I nearly always put PTFE around the olive, due to once a long time ago when i had around 6 leaks on about 6 joints, i was young and thought you had to get the stillies out for 10mm comp, well not that bad but in the end took them all apart and PTFE'd all ok, so ever since i do it 1st as someone said belts and braces, takes a little longer, but leaks cost time, money and reputation

Sponsored Links
I'd not thought to use LSX before, always assumed it was a bit billy bodge, but thanks I'll give it a go.

I always carry hawk white for gas, but I've not had much success using it on water, does anyone have a compound they'd recommend for using on both? I used to use boss white but that stuff is just way to messy for my liking!

i use the rocol gas paste for both

Sponsored Links
I always carry hawk white for gas, but I've not had much success using it on water, does anyone have a compound they'd recommend for using on both? I used to use boss white but that stuff is just way to messy for my liking!

i use the rocol gas paste for both

OK thanks, is it any good for rad tails, cylindre connectors etc. - i.e. threaded joints?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back