copper pipe chasing in block work

its 22mm and the down pipe feeds a gas cooker only.... the vertical cap will feed the boiler in the loft.....

That looks ok to be honest, the pipe is accessible and on view, don`t think you will have any problems with that install. By now I`m sure any reputable gas fitter on this forum would have told you different, until that happens take the advice I have given. ;)

Sponsored Links
why is it in the wall anyway? did you ask for it to be like that?

Might do you better to read what the poster is posting rather than jumping down throats, he has already explained why the pipe is in the wall, you probably missed it through foaming at the mouth. :rolleyes:

its 22mm and the down pipe feeds a gas cooker only.... the vertical cap will feed the boiler in the loft.....

That looks ok to be honest, the pipe is accessible and on view, don`t think you will have any problems with that install. By now I`m sure any reputable gas fitter on this forum would have told you different, until that happens take the advice I have given. ;)

Almost. I'm still going to jump up and down and shout 'earth bonding'.

Where the meter is external, bonding should be fitted as close as is practicable to the point where the pipe enters the building, it must be visible, and it must be before the first branch. Where this is not possible, (as in this case - he won't get it on before the first branch) it should be fitted in the meter box. Granted, it's possible that he's simply not got round to sorting it yet, but I'm going to get a bee in my bonnet about it anyway...

Other than that, doesn't look too bad although I'm not convinced that hair felt is a fantastic form of corrosion protection, it absorbs moisture...

Sponsored Links

I already have had problems with this install. The plumber has taken the install and two revisits to get it right. The leak was from the solder joint at the T. If he can t get this little bit of pipework right , he doesnt fill me with confidence with the remaining 90% of the work... Ive got another quote so will probably offer him his reasonable costs to date and hopefully part company. I think given the brief but unsuccessful history of this, I dont think im being unreasonable...

I'm not convinced that hair felt is a fantastic form of corrosion protection, it absorbs moisture...

Then again you could have it fitted externally running up the wall in the p*issing down rain with no protection whatsoever, perfectly acceptable, copper doesn`t absorb moisture that`s why it doesn`t rust, therefore moisture to a copper pipe is non corrosive. :rolleyes:

I'm not convinced that hair felt is a fantastic form of corrosion protection, it absorbs moisture...

Then again you could have it fitted externally running up the wall in the p*issing down rain with no protection whatsoever, perfectly acceptable, copper doesn`t absorb moisture that`s why it doesn`t rust, therefore moisture to a copper pipe is non corrosive. :rolleyes:

Thats what the new plumber has suggested....it will be protected but for aethetics more than anything....

why is it in the wall anyway? did you ask for it to be like that?

Might do you better to read what the poster is posting rather than jumping down throats, he has already explained why the pipe is in the wall, you probably missed it through foaming at the mouth. :rolleyes:

no what i read is this

The pipe would have to run through an internal dividing wall, hence he chaced it into the block work so the internal wall could fit flush perpendicular up to the face of the wall.

that doesn't really answer the question why? I can't remember the last time I've had to chase a gas pipe into a wall. Who said it has to go through a wall and why. so do you know the answer charlie DIyer?

that doesn't really answer the question why? I can't remember the last time I've had to chase a gas pipe into a wall.

Speaks volumes.

Who said it has to go through a wall and why.

It hasn`t gone through a wall, look at nice piccies kind man has made. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back