Copper pipes in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dry lined walls on an external wall and am planning to conceal hot and cold cooper feed pipes to a handbasin in the dry lining. There will be no new (active) cement compounds used, merely plan to cut pipe run into plasterboard and with the gap behind it, there will be sufficient room to conceal the pipes which will be fixed properly in place and lagged. Is this ok from a regs perspective or do the pipes need to be in conduit or any other considerations.

Sponsored Links
Run them in trunking to protect them and try not to bury any joints as regs say all joints should be accessible. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bahco, but I guess it raises the point on what accesible means. I have pipes below my tiled bathroom floor which obviously have joints, so how does that differ from having a joint behind a tile on a wall ? or do the regs suggest we shouldn't tile floors ? Just trying to understand....

If any of your joints start to leak and you cannot access them to fix, you have a problem.
I guess the regs are to avoid this scenario.
My advice would be to use machine bends, or plastic pipe, or joints where you can get at them.
At the end of the day, you will be preventing a future headache if you do get a leak.
Remember a joint that goes unnoticed can do a lot of damage over time :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back