Copper traps!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
just stripped out a flat (former hotel).
I've got about a dozen rads and a lot of 22 and 15 Cu pipe.
I also have about 20 meters of copper waste pipe (which looks like inch and quarter size). The waste has both soldered and compression fittings in brass.
The traps are copper with brass thread joints soldered on.
I am happy to weigh in standard stuff but the traps could be cleaned, polished and laquered, as could the waste pipe, to make a 'bespoke' waste. Interested to know your thoughts. Also interested to know current copper scarap price!
Thanks Gazwa.

Sponsored Links
scrap it now! cost you time and money to clean up. 10kilos of copper will get you around £30, brass a little less at the moment but it depends if you have regular scrap yard you go to. You must have a small fortune there!

Ha ha, Michele, the funny thing is that I'm being paid to do the stripping out as well!
I guess I'll weigh most of it in, but might just keep the traps (3 no) as they seem to be a rarity (?) and loathe to waste them . Anyone seen copper waste like this before (pipe and or traps?)
Would I get much for the rads?
Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
There is a whole estate of houses, several hundred, that were built post war for a company that had re located in the blitz, near here that have everything in copper. The waste pipes, the stack pipes, the flashing around the stack where it passes through the roof, the chimney flashings and finally the flat roof ground floor extensions. Location kept secret to deter pikies. :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I dunno where you lot weigh scrap in , but 10 kilos of copper is fetching about £50 round here. ;) ;)

I read in the Sunday paper that copper from the refinery was fetching just over £10000 a tonne on the commodities markets, that £10 per kg, nice earner there.

I read in the Sunday paper that copper from the refinery was fetching just over £10000 a tonne on the commodities markets, that £10 per kg, nice earner there.

Yeah and I read in another paper that plumbers earn £100,000 a year, that was bullsh*t too...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back