Copper Vs Plastic pipes

Sponsored Links
Ask for quote on both. Copper likely more expensive - takes longer.

Wow, you're not wrong Andygasman2010, the opinion is divided as you said! Some good comments posted though. Think I'll ask for a plastic vs copper quote as suggested by you, Goldspoon. Edging towards copper though ....

Sponsored Links
Wow, you're not wrong Andygasman2010, the opinion is divided as you said! Some good comments posted though. Think I'll ask for a plastic vs copper quote as suggested by you, Goldspoon. Edging towards copper though ....

Real policemen call community support officers "Plastics" not coppers ! :LOL:

There will always be people about who don't like progress!

What do electricians use to contain electricity?

I don't think rodents or frost are a significant problem - you still need to insulate against frost anyway, but I don't think the risks are any greater.

I removed some very early brown pushfit plastic from a loft when it was already ten years old [because I was resiting a remote cistern in a better location, but that's another story] and it was indistinguishable from new. It was Acorn, which became Hep20.

Copper is kinder to the enviroment :) however we use both , mind you if you make a cockup with copper jointing eg dodgy soldering leaking , get a dodgy joint on the old pushfit generally open end = flood ( so they say ;) )

copper is kinder to the enviroment ????

Anyone care to hazard a guess at heat loss - copper VS Plastic.......

say, over a 50m run of 15mm pipe ??

I prefer copper, think it looks neater, well, if its been installed well and not cobbled together with a million fittings.

Plastic isn't too bad, my only gripe with it is the side of the fixings, though I suspect as time progresses the fixings will get smaller.

i use copper were ever possible, but if it saves me a good few hours using plastic i will use it..........theres absolutly nothing wrong with it......just looks unusual because people are used to seeing copper pipes

i use copper were ever possible, but if it saves me a good few hours using plastic i will use it..........theres absolutly nothing wrong with it......just looks unusual because people are used to seeing copper pipes

old plumbers just don't like change

copper is kinder to the enviroment ????

Anyone care to hazard a guess at heat loss - copper VS Plastic.......

say, over a 50m run of 15mm pipe ??

Copper is recycled , plastic off cuts ect have no value , I beleive the manufacture of plastic is reliant upon the oil industry ?? BP are having some minor difficulties at the moment ??

Copper will withstand higher temperatures than plastic indefinately ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back