Coram Showertrays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the best forum but I am guessing showertrays are usually fitted by a plumber?

Anyway, anyone know if these Coram Showertrays are any good?

http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

My current tray has cracked and leaks. I have removed the old tray (eventually) and it has 3 upstands round the back and sides which have been tiled over. These Coram trays seem to be the only ones with a similar design. I have thankfully managed to remove the tiles with out breaking them so will be replacing them so I need a similar design to the previous one.

Sponsored Links
Coram are OK, given the choice I'd fit a Mira Flight though, they're available with tiling upstands the same as the Coram ones

My preference is coram stuff. I find it easy to install because it is extremely lightweight.

Whatever you get, I would suggest the tiling upstands are a must. After about 10 years I am of the belief that anything that relies totally on silicone to seal will leak.

Claire

I prefer strong and substantial to lightweight, nice rigid stone resin tray wins every time for me, might be a bit harder to carry but that's really no excuse for not using one. Tiling upstands can be useful but if there's no movement in the installation good quality silicone will seal and stay sealed. Of course if you use a plastic tray it can flex a bit and this can cause the silicone to pull away and therefore leaks to occur...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I have also seen the JT Merlin trays which look ok. I am not sure the Coram tray will fit now as the overal dimensions seem to be slightly larger that 760x760 and it won't fit.

Both the Mira flight and JT Merlin trays have the waste at the front right hand side. This is where the waste pipe is so I think it will be difficult to get the pipes connected as it is so tight. The water pressure is hugh so I need it to drain quickly.

Can I use a small piece of flexible pipe to connect the trap to the waste outlet?

Choose your shower tray carefully, the advice regarding construction and rigidity is correct. Heavy stone resin shower trays used to be the norm although many light weight products are now available, some of these are to be avoided at all costs. Some acrylic capped trays are filled with dense foam, the bond between the foam and cap can separate with heat and use. Eventually the delamination will cause the acrylic surface to crack. JT, Mira Flite, Coram and Lakes all offer good quality trays which are backed up by manufacturer warranties. Good luck

Can I use a small piece of flexible pipe to connect the trap to the waste outlet?

Flexible pipe bent tightly? Sounds like a recipe for trapped hair to me...

I was hoping not to have to bend it tightly and have a nice smooth curve to it. The only other thing I can do is cut the existing waste pipe back and fit a single 90 degree bend which might work nicely.

fitted a coram tray and screen set for a customer last year, as it was assembled one of the doors shattered. I rang coram who said oh thats not a problem, that unit has been discontinued because of issues with the glass. we will send you a new one.

2 days later as arranged not just the broken bit turned up but a complete 4 panel set FOC

would certainly use coram again because of the excellent customer service.

we have a plumbing company and we have been fitting Coram Screens for years now, they are excellent quality, they are easy to fit and have a great customer care team, any problems they just help, ALWAYS, however i agree with the guy earlier i would recomend a Mira Flight shower tray not only are they a little cheaper but they look and feel better to, we buy ours online for a fraction of the price,
[url]http://www.bathroom-envy.com/shower-trays/cat_238.html[/url]

Had already bought coram shower tray when saw this site. As a result am going to fit tray to studwork, plasterboard to top of tray, then tile making sure adhesive stops short of tray and tiles continuing over upstand, finally silicone seal. Hopefully then only flexible seal between tiles and tray so any flex in tray should not affect tiles. Comments appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back