Cordless door bell Fauty in windy wearher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a cordless doorbell which sounds during windy weather, false alarm is easy to spot as it plays wrong tune (choice of ten tunes) and always the same wrong tune so we know to ignore.Any idea why?

Sponsored Links
it must be a bad connection on something causing it to generate an arc pulse or spark off the frequency needed to operate activated by the wind
if its a plug in the mains bell maybe its via the power lines if you have overhead ?

Sponsored Links
Completely unrelated to weather issue...

But I installed three sliding gates in West Hampstead with the middle one being last one to install. First house I done put a wireless door bell on there house, works perfect. Installed the middle sliding gates, and intercom. Works perfect. Ten months later, first house called to say every time there next door neighbour (middle house) opens there gate via remote the door bell chime will make a noise. Funny thing was, it was a dog barking noise which was not even in the options to have. I couldn’t do anything, bar saying they need to get a new door bell. Just when they about to buy new one, it stoppped. They believe it was this van that was parked out side there house on the main road for month interfering with there door bell.

So yeah wireless doorbells are prone for interference

just to clarify i assume you mean three gates in seperate properties in 3 distant areas [more than 50 metres] ??

Actually there was four gates, three houses, smaller houses had one slider per house whilst bigger house which was top house had two sliding gates. They are 3-4 bed detached homes with a side gate to get to back garden. Top and bottom houses had same builder who does “electrical” work, and don’t believe in skips as all the rubbish was in the basement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back