Cordless phone rechargeable battery question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cordless Philips phone CD155 with four handsets which have the original 2 x 1.5v AAA rechargeable batteries. As a couple of the handsets seem to be cutting out it is presumably time to change the batteries. The battery shows the current to be 500ma. The only batteries that seem to be available have a much higher current, often as much as 3000ma. Is there any restriction on using this spec of battery on the CD155 or should I try to fit the same type as presently installed?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Sponsored Links
That's not the current, it's the capacity, which affects to how long it can run the phone for without running flat. a higher capacity one will take longer to charge, but that's not usually a problem with cordless phones as they spend most of their time on the charger..

If you look again I think you will find it says 3000mAh or similar. Note the "h." You don't need to buy the highest capacity available, and it will cost more.

Try to get "hybrid" NiMh rechargables (thee are the ones that are ready-charged when you buy them) as they hold their charge better.

they are cheap from Tescos (own brand) but if you need a few, even cheaper from Maplins.

If the old ones are very old, they might be NiCad cells, in which case I understand the old charger will not be suitable. I am not a battery expert.

edit
too slow! :evil:

i got 2500 for my 3 handsets
i charge them for 24 hrs on the base station every fifth day and they are fine this saves having them permanently on charge wasting energy requiring only the base station /charger plugged in and only charging every other day

as in mon 1 wed 2 fri 3 sun 1 tue 2

yes you have to right down i use the tv paper to write down the charge and number as in a number "1" at the head off mondays page

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back