Cordless SDS for £40?

Sponsored Links
Probably fine for occasional work but I would be concerned that:

(a) Only 1.5 Ah

(b) Long charge time (5-7 hours)

(c) Battery only lasts for 500 charges (okay - that may be considered a fair lifespan...)

Still, as you say, always amazing to see how they can produce these items for that retail price.

:)

I did notice in the instructions, It recommends removing the batteries prior to disposal, just a few screws gets you in, and it's only got 4 li-ion cells in it.
Might be easy enough to replace. Anyway, I wouldn't buy one, but for the budget conscious DIYer could be handy.

Sponsored Links
In the downloadable manual its says:

Toolholder : SDS plus

Not obvious in the description though (unless I missed it as well)

B

500 charges is ok for a cheap lion cell. most 10.8v stuff has this sort of lifespan in its cells.

prob a poor drill tho lol.

Don’t think of this as a SDS drill, it will just not be up to what you expect a SDS drill to do. However I expect it will be OK for drilling small holes in walls for putting up shelves etc.

However do you already own drill bits, if so are there SDS?

(I could be tempted just so I don’t have to swap the drill bit and screw bit in my current cordless drill all the time when fixing lots of wall plugs.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back