Cordless Vacuum Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Three years ago, I bought a Morphy Richards cordless Supervac, model no. 732000, for use upstairs, to avoid taking the mains-powered cleaner up and down the stairs. Shortly after the 2-year guarantee ran out, I noted that a full charge was lasting progressively less time, and at about 33 months old, the battery finally ceased to hold any charge. I called the makers regarding a replacement, only to be informed they were no longer available, and a web search found cleaners, but no batteries. Does anyone know where these may be available please? Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
it probably has tabbed NiCad cells inside, soldered together. It's possible to replace them, but you will probable have to solder the connections yourself, and they are much more expensive than the rechargeable batts you can now buy in the high street.

I considered re-celling a hand-held vac but decided it was not worth the money and effort.

nicads are very annoying because they don't last long. more modern li-ion batteries last much longer but your old charger would not be right for them.

Sponsored Links
also be very cautious soldering li-ion battery cells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back