Core drilling help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

I'm drilling throught my kitchen wall to fit a vent for the dryer with a 107mm core drill, but I'm getting some sparks, I've checked with the hire firm and its alright to use the drill as I sure I'm going through engineering brick, so I'm just taking my time and letting the tip cool between drilling.

my problem is that I've gone through the first brick and hit the cavity that is filled with a yellow fibre insulation - is this flammible?

any thoughts appriciated

thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
Insulation not flammable but you should probably remove it around the area you're drilling before continuing. If your pilot has gone right through then you should now start from the other side, breaking through into the cavity.

Yep as Deluks has stated, if you have cored your internal brick, the pilot should hopefully be through on external brick, so start drilling from that side.
It will also prevent damage to the brick work.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back