Corgi registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I passed my ACS centre about 3 weeks ago and have just phoned corgi to get the registration process started.

They charged me £11.75 just to send out info and application forms by seccond class post!

Anyway my question is on the website it lists the application fee as £200 and the yearly registration fee as £180. The lady on the phone informed me the application fee would be £235 and the yearly registration fee £205.63!

When I queried this and told her the prices on the web site she gave me some spiel about those prices being for the competent persons schemes and not the gas registration scheme? I thought the gas registration scheme was a competent persons scheme and anyway I checked the corgi site again and those were the prices (the £200 and £180) for th gas registration scheme.

Any1 else had this problem?

Sponsored Links
or is me being thick here and the subscription fees have VAT on top? I have been a teacher and the subscription fees to the GTC didn't have VAT on them :confused:

Yes they have vat, but someone can't work out the vat on £180!

Registration runs from april to april so if succesfull on becoming registered(Passing ACS isnt all they look for) they wont charge you the registration for the period you've missed.

Sponsored Links
Oh - I was under the impression I would still have to pay £180 for the period to end of march then pay another £180 years subscription then?

tabs said:
Oh - I was under the impression I would still have to pay £180 for the period to end of march then pay another £180 years subscription then?

That is my impression as well. :eek:

I thought you could only pay for the following years registration after January the something.
So for this year it would be 200+remainder of year.

or :confused:

Was it pay for next year + remainder of this + 200.

You deffinately dont pay for the time you've missed.thinking about it i think its the second scenario that i had to do when i joined halfway through.

Cant remember but sure its 180 a year after that.

Registration is a flat fee, wether for 12 months or 2. My registration was "held up due to backlog" so had to wait until the end of may for my new card, which didn`t even have my energy efficiency badge on the front when it arrived! Apparantly they`ll send me yet another one in april with it on, but i`ve still to pay another fee for that! I`m sending the shirt off my back too :rolleyes:

I never got the first two cards they supposedly sent out this year, then when I rang and actually paid for a lost card one did come, but now I've lost it. One of my estate agent customers has asked to see it, but I'm glad I can't show it 'em because I don't want any more of that kind of work anyway so they can whistle.

Anyway don't worry about what is printed on it, I have unkle tom cobbly and all on mine but never did me a bit of good. Customers couldn't give a fig what it says on it. A conman could have a field day in our prefession.

I deffo won't register my part p with corgi then. :LOL:

I didn't, I went with Napit, and corgi had better get their act together or when napit finally do get permnission to tit for tat with corgi there will be a mass exodus based on the inefficiency of the corgi machine compared to the streamilned efficiency and competence of Napit from where I am standing. An excellent group of people, and they have real people on the end of the phone not the same female recorded voice corgi have used for years. Real females with nice voices but each one different every time you phone, and not a machine. But not only that, they actually phone you, but not from a withheld number so I know it is Napit and it's a pleasure to take the call, they give their name, are pleasent curteous and helpful. And they havce very kindly fielded me into full scope membership so I have a bigger and better CV for the time I apply for the job as services director of ICI. I've already been head hunted on the basis of the lectrical qualification but not a position I want right now. Nice to know though that the effort wasn';t wasted, and a local builder is now using me for gas water and electrical work on his extensions. As he only does things right and gets dign offs all along the way it's an association I am pleased to culture. (he also has the gift of selling so gets me more than I can get for myself and still takes his cut.

Just read today that NAPIT have had their application for gas turned down. That is a shame :cry:

lcgs said:
Just read today that NAPIT have had their application for gas turned down. That is a shame :cry:

what a shocker THAT was.............

NOT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back