Corgi

BobProperty said:
Being able to solder a pipe so that it doesn't leak is NOT competence to work on gas installations. I can solder pipes so that they don't leak. I have been able to do so for about 30 years. IT DOES NOT MAKE ME COMPETENT WITH GAS.
Does not leaving any live wires sticking out anywhere make an electrician competent?

No need to burst into tears, Bob. If you aren't competent then get some bone-head gas fitter to do the job.

Let's suppose that the soldering you had to do was a simple cap-off of a redundent pipe. You've just said you CAN solder the thing so in what way are you incompetent? Or are you just short of confidence? Are you REALLY a developer?

joe

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
joe-90 said:
And why would building control take any notice if they did?
Because the installation of a gas appliance is notifiable work within the context of the Building Regulations and the Building Act 1984. Which you would know, if you bothered to read the legislation.

Post a link to the story then - I don't believe a word of it.

joe

joe
funny that. most people on here dont believe a word you write anyway either. :p

joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
I'll keep it brief:
joe-90 - you remind me of someone who made various posts in Screwfix says how clever he was with all his properties and how he had fitted his own boiler etc. He even went on to post a link to a portfolio of photographs of his work. After numerous faults, building regulation violations etc. were pointed out, he removed them within days. Someone reported him to Building Control . He says he got a CORGI person to check it afterwards but then like you say you pay the money and they do the job. Look closely at the signature on the certificate just in case it says M Mouse.
Paying someone else to do the job - isn't that what Mr van Hoogstraten was accused of?
And if it goes wrong they'll adopt the "Nuremburg" defence - they were only doing what they were told.

What are you blathering about? I've never been on the Screwfix forum and I don't go on about houses I own or post pictures of them.
Sounds like a load of cobblers to me.
Who could report someone when they don't know where he lived? And why would building control take any notice if they did? Typical Internet forum bulldung.

joe

RTFM (or posting in this case) "you remind me"
And in answer to your question someone recognised the property from the photos.

Of course they did.

Typical forum bullpoop.

joe

How would you know you've never been on there?

Sponsored Links
dabaldie said:

joe
funny that. most people on here dont believe a word you write anyway either. :p

You speak for 'most people ' do you? What a large ego you have.

joe

BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
I'll keep it brief:
joe-90 - you remind me of someone who made various posts in Screwfix says how clever he was with all his properties and how he had fitted his own boiler etc. He even went on to post a link to a portfolio of photographs of his work. After numerous faults, building regulation violations etc. were pointed out, he removed them within days. Someone reported him to Building Control . He says he got a CORGI person to check it afterwards but then like you say you pay the money and they do the job. Look closely at the signature on the certificate just in case it says M Mouse.
Paying someone else to do the job - isn't that what Mr van Hoogstraten was accused of?
And if it goes wrong they'll adopt the "Nuremburg" defence - they were only doing what they were told.

What are you blathering about? I've never been on the Screwfix forum and I don't go on about houses I own or post pictures of them.
Who could report someone when they don't know where he lived? And why would building control take any notice if they did? Typical Internet forum bulldung.

joe

Of course they did.

Typical forum bullpoop.

joe

I haven't but I've been on-line for 8 years and know how forums work. You'll get the hang of it after a while.

joe

joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
Being able to solder a pipe so that it doesn't leak is NOT competence to work on gas installations. I can solder pipes so that they don't leak. I have been able to do so for about 30 years. IT DOES NOT MAKE ME COMPETENT WITH GAS.
Does not leaving any live wires sticking out anywhere make an electrician competent?

No need to burst into tears, Bob. If you aren't competent then get some bone-head gas fitter to do the job.

Let's suppose that the soldering you had to do was a simple cap-off of a redundent pipe. You've just said you CAN solder the thing so in what way are you incompetent? Or are you just short of confidence? Are you REALLY a developer?

joe

I like the way you lump all of one profession into the category "bone-head". If I was working on a property that needed a gas pipe capping I would get in a CORGI fitter I know to do it. It may seem strange to penny pinching bodge merchants, but I prefer to have work done properly.
Am I short of confidence? No.
Am I really a developer? Not in the category of national firms like Barratts Persimmon etc. no. But I intend to do some more renovations in the future.
Your turn now, what do you do for a living?

joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
I'll keep it brief:

joe

Of course they did.

Typical forum bullpoop.

joe

I haven't but I've been on-line for 8 years and know how forums work. You'll get the hang of it after a while.

joe

Not quite as long as me then.

BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
I'll keep it brief:

joe

Of course they did.

Typical forum bullpoop.

joe

joe

Not quite as long as me then.

I'm sorry that you are a slow learner, Bob. Hang in there mate.

joe

BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Go on then tell me how it works.

How what works?

If some body disconnects there gas fire and then reconects a new one and there are no leaks and the fire works, then they have done a competent job and are thus competent in this case. Obviously this does not mean they are a competent gas fitter and can do any work, but we are talking about DIY here. There is no reason why a reasonably intelligent person can not do the above DIY.

BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:

joe

How what works?

Forums - you said you "know how forums work"

Maybe you should lie down a little, Bob.

Take deep steady breaths and if it doesn't clear - call your doctor.

joe

joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:
BobProperty said:
joe-90 said:

joe

How what works?

Forums - you said you "know how forums work"

Maybe you should lie down a little, Bob.

Take deep steady breaths and if it doesn't clear - call your doctor.

joe

Tell you what - I'll stop going off topic on here and only post something relevant to the original post. You can answer the questions I asked you otherwise I'll assume you know nothing about the subject and were just pretending you did. A bit like gas work.

Sponsored Links
Back