Corian or Rausolid Worktops. Which is best value?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening fellas.

I am in the process of gettin a new kitchen and am at the choosing a worktop stage.

Me and the missus like the look of Corian, especially with the sink thats all part of the worktop.

One of the kitchen companies mentioned Rausolid as a cheaper option.

Has anyone got any experience of these products and if so is corian worth the extra cash.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
With Dupont Corian and Formica ColorCore you pay for the name. Personally I think there are a good dozen equivalent products out there such as Schockand Iro which are technically as good but less expensive. On the other hand some granites are now cheaper than solid surface so why not consider that as an alternative?

Scrit

I'm having corian (Dupont) worksurfaces fitted on the 30th. I have'nt had them before, so cannot help with advice. But I have chosen corian over granite because it can be repaired. Also people I speak to that have granite, tend to say that it is difficult to keep clean. I have asked advice from three kitchen fitters regarding whether they would choose corian or granite themselves and all three have said corian if they could afford it!

I have not heard of Rausolid, but would be interested to read any feedback on it.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
One thing I would say about all solid surface worktops, of which Corian is one brand only, is do not expect the installer to give you a gloss finish. It is impossible to get a gloss on any solid surface top which will last more than a week in ordinary use. Personally I'd choose solid wood over concrete, granite and solid surface (in that order) despite having done the solid surface training simply because I'm a cabinetmaker rather than a fitter and I happen to love wood. I would probably never buy Corian because DuPont charge through the nose for the stuff and there are far more reasonably priced materials on the market.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back