cork tiles- where to start laying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone

I have to lay some cork tiles in my mum's house but have never done that before.

The walls are unlikely to be true so I figure the best placed to start would be the centre of the room. I can find that by using string from the corner of room to find the centre but how to I ensure that I lay the tiles so they are straight as opposed to following the line of the walls?

Sorry if this is a bit of a dippy question but I want to get it right.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, start in the centre and then have your cuts against walls, either have a cork tile joint as your start point or the centre of a tile, whichever gives you the best cut.

if the room is out of square or walls are wavy then decide which wall you want to work from and be parallel with and go from there. If the wall is just too far out to work from then why not lay some tiles out and get your tape measure out and work out a compromise that runs as parallel as you can get.

I personally like to have my tile joint running parallel with a wall that is most seen by someone entering the room and keep any out of true walls hidden by WC, Basin etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back