Corner under worktop door ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So I am decorating the kitchen area and I have this space that needs something in place to tidy the front up.

Ideally I want to have like a sliding cabinet type door but cannot for the life of me find what mechanisms I need or how I would do it?

Measurements are -

10 inches wide
33.5inches tall.

Ideally I would like it to run along the side of the under sink cabinet to maximise the space.

Any ideas would be 100% truly appreciated.

What we have in place now is ugly and makes the whole thing look a mess tbh as well

Kind regards
John

Attachments

• CC3F15E2-AE99-43F8-A475-A6F59562FE79.jpeg
    CC3F15E2-AE99-43F8-A475-A6F59562FE79.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 5518829A-A12F-406D-BCFB-62340EFA44F4.jpeg
    5518829A-A12F-406D-BCFB-62340EFA44F4.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Flat pack wine rack, add a plinth and a stuff bag for the carrier bags.

Thankyou guys, anyone got any other ideas on how we can hide it?

Was thinking of something like a sliding door to utilise the space? Struggling to find a sliding mechanism that could attach to the underside of the worktop to make it a hanging sliding door??

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is the kitchen cupboard door design still available?
or are you working from scratch?

and is that a drop down dishwasher front or a hinged to the corner door?

Hi Tigercubrider,

There’s no plans for the kitchen as it was an ex display unit which was then altered to fit the kitchen area we had and the tumble dryer is freestanding under the counter and the under sink drawer has a side to the space where I am trying to tactfully hide

Thanks
John

I would look around somewhere like B&Q to see if there happens to be a close match to the high gloss white(?) shown on the right.
I have a maybe 6” wide cupboard next to my cooker filling a gap. Inside the cupboard is a basket rack and the door is fixed to the basket. Pulling on the handle pulls the whole basket out on rails.

If your gap happens to match one available as a door that matches, you could do something similar?
or
buy a door wider than the gap and set it slightly further back so it can slide behind the unit on the RHS? Use a wardrobe type sliding mechanism fixed to the work surface underside.

Thanks tiger that sounds like a good idea, I will have a look at the diy stores to see which has the best type of fitting for what I need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back