Fipper(Pocket) door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need some help for a flipper door problem. I bought just the front face of a 84 inch kitchen cabinet. This included the front frame and the doors. The idea was to make a flipper door out of the front of the cabinet. What I wanted to do was have the cabinet front open then slide back in(just like an entertainment center door). So I installed the slider hardware and the blum hinges to the frame of the cabinet front. It all fits great except for one problem. I forgot to account for the extra thickness of the doors of the cabinet ! DOH. I can't slide the door back into the unit. What can I do ? I have looked for different hinges that might work but I'm not having much luck. The frame of the cabinet is 3/4 of an inch but the doors of the cabinet stick out an additional 7/8 of an inch. So all in all I need to clear about 1 5/8 inches so the cabinet can slide in without hitting the cabinet the slider is attached too. Just looking for idea's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could you use a chisel or a router to let the hinges further into the door?

or would this create a gap at the side when the doors are in their closed position?

If the worst comes to the worst you could buy different hinges or even different doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back